Today, I am sharing a special chicken fry, Green masala Chicken..Its a mild spicy chicken fry..Unlike normal chicken fry, it doesn't use red chilly powder..Main highlight of this fry is,it used herbs like coriander and mint leaves,hence its green in colour..Its my own successful recipe..My hubby loved it so much...I had the combination with malabar vegetable biryani .Do make changes of your making of normal chicken fry and make this chicken fry and impress your loved ones. Instead of deep frying, you can grill or bake the chicken..But deep frying tastes better..Lets go the recipe :) :)
- Chicken Thigh/ leg - 500 gm
- Peppercorns - 1 to 1 1/2 tsp
- Ginger-Garlic paste - 1 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies - 3 to 4 no.s ( depends upon your spice level)
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
- Mint leaves - 1/4 cup
- Thick yogurt - 1 tbsp
- Corn Flour - 2 tsp heaped
- Salt- to taste
- Oil - enough for deep frying
- Remove the skin of the chicken and wash thoroughly. Make a slit into the chicken frontwards and backwards here and there. Drain to remove water.
- Blend all the ingredients except oil and cornflour and make it into paste by adding little water. Add cornflour and salt and mix it well.
- Marinate it and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hrs or more for better taste and flavour .
- Deep fry it in oil at medium flame for 12 to 15 mins till both sides are light brown.
- Serve warm with biryani, chappati, poori etc