Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Eggless Moist Chocolate Cake


Who don't love Chocolates? Well, I don't think there is anywhere in the world who don't love chocolates..Kids and even adults love chocolates too..What if, chocolate is combined with cakes.. Sounds incredible and yummy right?..Well, today I am sharing a recipe of delicious melt in mouth chocolate cake, which is moist in texture..Its definitely a egg less version, which is suitable for vegetarians or vegans...I bought a tin of Nestle Fat Free Condensed Milk in nearby supermarket as I wished to make something sweet like dessert..After my purchase, I reached home and was keeping all the frozen and poultry stuffs in refrigerator. Suddenly, I caught the sight of the picture of chocolate cake,which indeed is mouth watering..Its recipe is printed at the back side of condensed milk.The word 'moist' and 'eggless' chocolate cake attracted my attention.When I read the recipe, I danced with joy..All the recipes mentioned are already there in my pantry..So, I postponed making desssert at another time..I baked the cake same day in evening..When I taste the cake, the recipe said is true, its definitely a moist chocolaty cake..I am amazed by its outcome..Its tastes more delicious than egg version..I followed the exact recipe, but I changed the frosting ( Icing on cake) method..My son,who is a cake lover than me, eat most of the part himself than me..He loves this cake so much..The cake vanished in two days itself..My hubby, though not a sweet lover, eat only one piece..But he loves the taste of this cake..Its a easy recipe and taste amazingly delicious..Do make this cake for your kids, they will enjoy this moist cake..Lets go to the recipe.

               Recipe Courtesy:  mentioned back side of Nestle Fat Free Condensed Milk tin.


     Ingredients
  • All purpose flour - 2 cups
  • Dark Chocolate Cocoa pdr - 3/4 cup 
  • Baking powder - 1 1/4 tsp
  • Baking soda - 1 tsp
  • Fat free / Full fat condensed milk - 400 gm ( 1 tin)
  • Caster Sugar - 1 1/2 cup ( reduced sugar, as I used frosting) 
  • Water -  3/4 cup 
  • Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
  • Salt - a pinch
       For Frosting
  • Whipping Cream (Puk/ Al Marai/ Amul or any brand) - 250 ml ( I reduced half of 500 ml )
  • Sugar - 1/2 cup
  • Cocoa pdr/ chocolate grated  - 2 tbsp

     Method
  • Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
  • Place the parchment paper on bottom of cake tin and grease the sides with butter and flour..Tap the excess flour..Keep aside

  • In a bowl, mix all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt and mix well thoroughly with a spatula or large spoon..
\
  • In a seperate bowl, mix or beat condensed milk and sugar together till sugar dissolves.



  • Add flour-cocoa mixture and water into wet ingredient alternately ( 3 times) and beat at very low speed..

  • Pour this mixture into greased cake tin and gently tap the sides to distribute the batter evenly.

  • Place the cake tin in a preheated oven. Bake for 40 mins till fork or toothpick insert in the center comes out clean..If not, bake for few minutes..


  • When it cools slightly, invert the cake on a wire rack and let it cool completely, if you are applying icing or frosting, otherwise cream will melt.



         For Frosting 
  • Before whipping the cream, place the bowl and beater stand in a freezer for 10 mins..
  • Take out the bowl from freezer and fit the stand back to the electric beater...



  • Beat a cold fresh cream at medium speed for 1 min, then beat at high speed for 5 mins till it form thick peak..
  • Add sugar and beat till sugar dissolves...Don't beat for too long else it will turn into butter,,,


                                       

  • Add cocoa pdr or grated chocolate and beat for 1 second..Frosting ready..



  • Apply frosting on top of cake with bottom of large knife or spatula or pipe the frosting on various designs..
  • Refrigerate the cake..It tastes delicious when chilled..
  • Cut the cake into wedge shaped and serve chilled..It tastes more delicious next day.

      Note
  • If you are using frosting on cake, reduce the sugar on cake..
  • If you don't like frosting, you can ignore it..It tastes delicious without icing too..
























No comments:

Post a Comment