Lassi is a popular yogurt-based drink in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh etc..It is most popular in street stalls and in restaurants..Its a perfect drink to beat summer heat..There are two types of Lassi: Savoury and Sweet..Savoury lassi consists of yogurt blended with salt, chillies and other spices, while Sweet lassi is blended with yogurt,sugar and sometimes fruits too..As it is a mango season in India and Pakistan, today I am sharing a mango based lassi - Mango Yogurt smootie..I shared another mango based dessert earlier, i.e Mango Cheesecake...Do select a fresh ripe and sweet mango for making this lassi..This tastes delicious when served chilled..Off to the recipe..
- Alphonsa Mango or any ripe mango, sliced - 2 no.s
- Sugar - 3 to 4 tbsp ( depends upon your sweetness)
- Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Fresh cream / Vanilla or Mango Ice cream - 1/3 cup
- Full fat / Low fat Milk - 1 to 2 cups ( can adjust if you need more quantity)
- Green Cardamon - 2 no.s
- Add all the ingredients in the blender except milk and blend thoroughly for few minutes..
- Then add milk and blend again..
- Pour this in tall glasses and serve chilled..
- You can make plain lassi without adding fruits too..
- You can add any fruits of your choice,but make sure to select fresh and ripe fruits..