I think most of you heard about marble cake...As a change, I am sharing a recipe of a special brownie with two flavours - white and dark chocolate brownie,which is done in a marble pattern..I shared different brownies earlier..You can view here:
Double Chocolate Fudge Brownies
Peanut Butter- Nutella Brownies
I got this recipe of brownie in one of the popular malayalam magazine,'Vanitha',but altered slightly...Its recipe is easy to make and tastes delicious too..Lets move to the recipe.
Recipe Courtesy: Vanitha, a popular malayalam magazine ( altered slightly)
- White chocolate,broken or chopped - 180 gm
- Softened Butter - 100 gm
- Eggs - 3 no.s ( room temperature)
- Powdered Sugar - 1 cup
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- All Purpose Flour - 3/4 cup
- Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
- Dark cocoa powder or chopped dark chocolate - 2 tbsp
- White and Milk/Dark chocolate chopped or Choco chips - 50 gm ( to decorate)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree Celsius..Grease the square baking dish with flour and butter or parchment paper and set aside..I used silicon square baking dish,so no greasing required..
- Melt white chocolate with 80 gm butter and dark chocolate with 20 gm butter separately in a microwave or double boiling method..If using cocoa powder, ignore melting it with butter and use 100 gm butter only to melt white chocolate.
- In a big bowl, beat eggs till creamy..Add powdered sugar and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Add melted white chocolate -butter mixture and beat again..
- In a small bowl, mix flour and baking soda thoroughly..
- Add flour mixture into egg-white chocolate mixture and fold well or beat it in a low speed till combined..
- Divide the batter into two parts..keep one batter plain and in other batter add cocoa powder or melted dark chocolate and fold or beat well.. (I forgot to take the picture of plain batter,but I include the pic of dark chocolate batter)
- Add 3 tbsps of white and dark chocolate batter,spread and create a marble pattern lightly with a fork..
- Add remaining batter and repeat the step..
- Decorate the top with chopped chocolates or choco chips on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 30 to 35 mins till the tooth pick or fork inserted center comes out clean..
- Place in a cooling rack for few minutes to cool and then de mold it..
- Cut into square shapes and serve with vanilla ice cream or fresh cream..I like to have it plain..