Normally, chicken dry roast is made by frying the marinated chicken and combined with onion masala..Today, I am sharing a healthy version of chicken dry roast..Instead of deep frying,I boiled the marinated chicken in water till water dries out and combined with sauted onion...Its very easy to make and tastes much better than chicken fry ( deep fry)..Its definitely my own successful recipe...When I made this for Ramadan dinner, my hubby loved its taste and he told me to make this again for Eid lunch..So I made this again for Eid lunch accompanied by Mutton Biryani and Vermicelli-Custard-Coconut Pudding..My bro in laws and hubby loved it very much...Do make this dish and let me know its feedback :)
- Chicken,cut into medium pieces - 1200 gm
- Kashmiri Chilli paste - 2 to 3 tbsp ** (can use Kashmir Chilli Powder)
- Turmeric pdr - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander pdr - 1 tsp
- Garam masala pdr - 1 tsp
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Vinegar/Lime juice - 2 tsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp + few for drizzling
- Onion/Shallots - 1 medium size onion,chopped / 8 to 10 medium size shallots,chopped
- Curry leaves - required
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and drain it..Make slit on the chicken here and there so it will infuse flavours of marinated paste quickly..
- Marinate the chicken from 'Kashmiri Chilli paste' till 'vinegar' for 1/2 hr to 1 hr in a refrigerator..More you marinate more tastier the chicken will be.
- Boil the marinated chicken in a large vessel with one cup of water from low to medium flame..Make sure to turn the chicken in between..
- Boil till water dries out and you will notice thick marinated paste settled at bottom..That's fine..Switch off the flame and transfer into the chicken into the plate..
- In a kadai or wok, add 1 tbsp coconut oil and heat it..Add chopped shallots or chopped onion,sprinkle salt and cook till translucent..
- Add few curry leaves and saute it...
- Add boiled chicken along with thick paste ( remaining thick paste left after boiling chicken) and saute well..
- Drizzle some coconut oil and cook till chicken turn brown on both sides..
- Add some more curry leaves and off the lid..Close the lid for some time to infuse flavour..
- Transfer it into serving dish and serve hot with a slice of lemon or you can squeeze lemon juice before serving..
- For making Kashmiri Chilli paste: Remove the stem of Whole Kashmiri Chilli and boil it in a hot water for few minutes till soft..Off the flame and set aside to cool completely..Then add the kashmiri chillies from soaked water and blend well without adding water at this stage..Then add soaked water little by little and blend into thick paste (you can see seeds settled at bottom while soaking k.chillies,ignore seeds and grind it only using water)...Transfer kashmiri Chilli paste in a clean bottle with lid..For longer life, add 2 drops of vinegar in a kashmiri chili paste and mix well..It will stay fresh in a refrigerator for 1 mnt..Make sure to use clean, moisture free spoon while taking spoonful of it..It can be used for any fries and curries...
- I didn't add any red colour, as Kashmiri Chilli powder itself give red colour..
- Serve with any side dish of your choice..