Sunday, July 5, 2015

Fruits Pudding


Today,I am sharing tasty and simple pudding, Fruits pudding..The setting used in this pudding is China grass/Agar Agar ( Vegetarian gelatine)...Base of the pudding is plain ( milk) which is topped with lots of fruits..I got this recipe from my old school classmate, Henna,..She gave the ingredients almost double,but I reduce to the quantity into half,which is enough for my family..I served this pudding after lunch ( before Ramadan),everyone in my family loved it except my kid..My son is not fond of too many fruits topped in this pudding :(..Almost half of my pudding is finished one day itself...Do try this pudding,its not complicated to make..Also check my other pudding recipes:
Chickoo-Dates PuddingTender Coconut Pudding and Pistachio-Cardamom Pudding.




     Ingredients
  • Full Fat/ Low Fat Milk - 2 Cups 
  • Condensed milk - 200 gm
  • Sugar - 4 to 5 tbsp ( according to your sweetness )
  • China Grass (Agar Agar Strands) - 8 gm
  • Vanilla or any Fruits essence - 1/2 tsp ( optional)
  • Water - 1/2 cup
  • Any fruits of your choice,chopped small - I used apple, pomegranate, mango and strawberry
     Method
  • Soak china grass strands in 1/2 cup of water for 10 mins..
  • In a sauce pan,combine milk,condensed milk and sugar and heat in a low flame..Stir each intervals to avoid forming lumps..
  • In another saucepan, heat china grass along with soaked water at high heat till dissolves ..It takes about 5 to 6 mins to dissolve china grass..Off the flame
  • Off the flame of milk-condensed milk mixture too..Immediately pour the dissolved china grass into the strainer and stir well while hot...Do not allow milk and china grass solution to cool,as china grass may turn back to solid form and it will not dissolve..Add vanilla essence or any fruit essence ( optional ) and mix well.
  • Pour the milk-china grass mixture into wet pudding dish and allow to cool completely..
  • Cover it with plastic wrap or cling film and refrigerate for 30 mins till half set..
  • Then add chopped fruits on top of half set pudding..Do not add too much fruits..Cover again with cling film and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight till set..
  • Cut into squares and enjoy chilled..
  • Can serve it with whipped cream,if you desire.. I like to have it plain

No comments:

Post a Comment